Saturday, October 6, 2012

senior season


My senior season really isn’t goin as planned. We’ve played 11 games and I’ve missed 5 of them due to a hamstring injury. Our record is pretty solid and have beaten some quality teams; teams that really should of smacked us. Yes, its awesome having a good record with good wins, but honestly, it doesn’t mean much to me being that I haven’t been able to contribute like I want to. Maybe im selfish and am probably a bad teammate for having these thoughts, but I hate sitting on the sideline during training and especially during games. It fuckin blows having to shag balls from behind the goal during shooting drills instead of me putting the ball into the back of the net during those drills. It sucks having to watch coach write another players name (who happens to be one of my roommates and only a sophomore) on the dry-erase board of starters before the game instead of seeing him write my name on the board. This fucking injury is killing me and its probably the worst watching my team suffer a loss.

I haven’t had much time to write as much as I would like to but then again, not much is new really. Im writing this on the bus back to school. We just lost our 3rd game of the year to a team we should easily beat (I’ve sat out 2 of the 3 losses). Hopefully I’ll be back in about a week or two and be able to help my team like I want to.

3 comments:

  1. Socrkid: I don't think your desire to want to play is selfish, I think that's just your competitive nature kicking in, to want to help the team. Sometimes you have to tap down your own wants for the betterment of the team. So some other team mates get some playing time and more experience -- that should improve things in the future even though you have suffered losses. It's what you do from learning from those losses that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hamstring injury sucks, particularly since it's your last year. Don't worry about your attitude, though, it's normal. And, besides, you are still there for the team, shagging balls behind the net. LOL
    Get yourself back in shape and, in the meantime console yourself with the thought that when you are back on your game, you won't need a shagger - well, at least not that kind - because every ball will be in the net!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your injury, Kid. Shit happens. It's part of life.

    Take care of yourself and heal!

    ReplyDelete