Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th Everyone

In celebration of country's freedom and all our troops, here is a GREAT article for yall to read. It was sent to me by a reader of my blog and I thank you for that! Its a bit lengthy but no more than 10 minutes. I almost started crying reading it cause its so touchy...

So here it is, check it out!
Soldier leaves legacy much larger than 'he was gay'

-And I enjoy reading the comments from these articles, but one I read yesterday was saying something like this article should just be about the soldier dieing and not about him being gay cause its no difference that a black soldier and if the article read "soldier leaves legacy larger than being black" and then like the gay community should stop fighting for rights cause it doesnt matter. Well in my opinion, I feel like thats fuckin retarded because unlike gay people, black people can obviously serve open in the military. Gays have to suppress their feelings and serve for the country that restricts its rights. Also, its bullshit because blacks also had to fight for their freedom and rights so why cant gays? It makes no sense and it seriously pisses me off when people say such ignorant shit. Like why the fuck do people care so much who others are fucking or liking. It makes no difference to them at all!

Well thats it, feels good to get that off my chest. Time to celebrate the best country in the world :) stay safe everyone!

7 comments:

  1. May he rest in peace! Thanks to all our soldiers, like Andrew, who fight to protect the lives of others. My condolences to his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you man. That story was so sad but a great stepping stone for gay people around the world. It's a breath of fresh air for me to see this on the news as opposed to Casey Anthony 24/7. Our society definitly has some improving to do...
    I hope you had a great 4th too bud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People will always be afraid of what they don't understand, thats why education is so important. Just know that the future is bright and kids today are more accepting and less naive so hopefully the future will be paved in that direction!

    P.S. Sorry for lack of response, I've been out of the blog world and busy busy busy. Email me if you ever wanna chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gay Paradox- Indeed, he must of been a great guy. Very sad to see this

    AGD-I knowww I cant stand that anthony stuff even though that whole thing was fucked up but hope you had a good 4th as well buddy :)

    Discreet Bi- very true and its moving in that direction pretty fast i think...ya ive noticed with the lack of posts but i hope things are good for you man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning I read in my meditation book (Glad Day)the following: "As human beings, we share many similar problems and concerns, losses and joys. Our experiences as outsiders can add depth to our understanding of others' lives. We can offer the healing influence of our insight and compassion. We can reject our fear of those we see as different from ourselves and help lead the way to creating peace and understanding."
    Then I read the article you posted. Thank you for sharing it with your readers, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article! Thanks for pointing it out to us. We owe our freedom to guys and gals like Andrew Wilfahrt who selflessly put themselves in harm's way to protect us. My heart goes out to his family.
    Zephy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The John Kriesel speech on the floor of the Minnesota Senate was very stirring stuff. Really amazing.

    Watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WyYRA4aZSI

    ReplyDelete